November 19, 2017

33rd Sunday - A (November 19, 2017)



God’s Generosity and Trust

For the third servant, the master is unreasonable.

The servant fails to appreciate the generosity and the trust his master has in him.  Giving this third servant one talent is no small thing.   It might be worth at least a million dollars.

Moreover, the master knows what his servants are capable of because he “entrusted his possessions to them – to each according to his ability.” 

The master knows his servants, their abilities, and he trusts them.

Yet, the third servant considers him “unreasonable.”

Do I trust that God knows me, after all, it was God who “You formed my inmost being;
you knit me in my mother’s womb” (Psalm 139: 13).

And God trusts me with God’s divine life in Jesus Christ.

Let us pray for the courage, wisdom, trust, and generosity to share this incredible gift of God’s generosity.  

 Image source:  www.agnusday.org
 

No comments: