October 4, 2014

27th Sunday - A

Commentary
Matthew 21: 33 – 43

The Vineyard Entrusted to Me

The landowner first “planted a vineyard.”  Next, he “put a hedge around it, dug a wine press in it, and built a tower.”  In other words, he took good care of his vineyard.  Only then did “he [lease] it to tenants.”

(Today’s first reading from Isaiah 5 has even a more detailed description of God’s care for the vineyard).

With such great care, God prepares the vineyard that would be entrusted to me.

The vineyard can be (or includes) my own wellbeing, both in this world and in the next, and the people God puts in my life – family members, friends, co-workers, …

Besides, God sends help and reminders (the servants and His Son) to assist me in caring for the vineyard.

How do I take care of the well-planted vineyard that God has entrusted to me?

No comments: