September 15, 2018

24th Sunday - B (September 16, 2018)


“Who do You Say that I Am?”

When Peter, in the names of the disciples, identified Jesus as the Christ, “he warned them not to tell anyone about him.”

Yet, Jesus “spoke openly” about his suffering, rejection, death, and resurrection.

Jesus is not hiding his identity.  Nor is he afraid of people knowing about him. 

What important is the correct understanding of who Jesus is, the Jesus who accepts the cross and crucifixion out of love.  Peter and the disciples either do not have or are not ready for this understanding. 

Maybe it’s time to evaluate my own understanding of who Jesus is.  I need to ask Jesus for the wisdom to know him as he truly is, and not my misconceptions or my own projections about him.   

Image source:  www.agnusday.org 
 

No comments: